From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf
Of Danny-K
Sent:   Wednesday, 30 May 2001 9:51
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: MD: MD --> CD-R

You need a minidisc recorder with digital coax in/out (not to be confused
with optical).  Coax is best from what people tell me.  And from I've heard
optical is not desirable for digital PC transfer, and was probably designed
to hook up to high-end receivers.  As someone on the list recently
described, if the optical in board on your PC does not reclock the optical
signal, you'll get PC recordings that change speed unpredictably.  And
that's worse than analog.