* "Joost de Meij" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 06 Jun 2001
| Every Walkman has a digital in. No Walkman has a digital out.

Not true.  The original MZ-1 has digital output.  Some other portables
might, but I haven't paid that much attention.

Still, I'd recomend Sharp, specifically the 722 model.  Gain control and
record levels are easilly set, and remembered when discs are swapped.  Most
(all?) Sony units reset these to their defaults when discs are swapped.
And the 722 is a slot load, making swapping quick and easy.

A friend of mine humorously calls the 722 "the bootlegman". :)
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \