on 6/18/01 4:44 PM, Bard, James at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I saw a post concerning B & O earphones, and it just so happens that
>I tried a pair which a friend had today. I thought they sounded very
>good. I'm not sure what the model was, but may have been A6 or A8.

Those B&O headphones look really cool but their sound is very average. Which
means that for the price, they are a horrible deal ;)

>I am looking for very high quality sound and wonder what you would
>recommend.

As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, before we can recommend anything,
you need to answer a few questions:

1) Do you have a preference in terms of earbud vs. circumaural (on-the-ear)
vs. supra-aural (around-the-ear) headphones?

2) Do you want "open" or "closed" headphones? In other words, do you want
'phones that block out external sound and keep your music from disturbing
others? Or do you want to be able to hear the outside world? Keep in mind
that in *general* open cans sound better.

3) Do you have any preferences in terms of how you like your music to sound?
Accurate? More bass? More treble?

If you answer these, we can help you pick some really great 'phones for your
budget.