"Mike Lastucka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Personally I prefer the closed type.  Especially at work. :)  They do an
> excellent job of blocking out ambient noise.  Definitely wouldn't wear them
> while driving, and you definitely have to be more aware of your environment
> when out and about walking and such. :)

For closed earphones, the only "decent" ones for less than $50 are the Koss
UR-20, which retail for around $25. For around $35 you can get the UR-30
which are the same thing but fold up for portable use. Go up to $60 and you
can get the Sony V6 (NOT the V600), which are significantly better (and also
fold up for travel). Spend around $90-$100 and you can get the Denon 750 (or
the 950 for around $130). Or you can spend $250 or so for the Beyer 831.
However, the Denon 950 and the Beyer require a dedicated headphone amp.

Hopefully that gives you a l'il something for every budget ;)