I bought my Sharp 831 last year while I was living in France, but now I'm
back in the US. Unfortunately, Sharp supplied an AC adapter that only works
on European voltages (does not support 60 HZ / 110v), which seems rather
surprising for a device as portable as a minidisc player. Anyway, I'm
planning to get a universal AC adapter from Radio Shack (or similar), but
first I just wanted to check whether anyone on the list had had any bad
experiences with universal AC adapters on Sharp 831s, or whether anyone
knows a good source for "official" Sharp adapters.

Thanks,

Gerry