las wrote:

> "J. Coon" wrote:
>
> > Is there a program that can makee a blank audio grade CDR from  a
> > computer grade CDR?
>
> Jim, I'm not sure what you are asking?  "music" CDRs and "data" CDRs are
> just a gimmick to charge more for the music CDRs.
>
> Again, am I misunderstanding your question?

Because of the RIAA, my consumer grade stand alone CD burner will only
use audio CDR or CDRW.  I got it from Monkey Wards when they went out of
business.   I tried using the media from my computer and it rejects
them.

The consenses is that the information is stamped on the CDR and can't be
duplicated.  There may be a way to defeat that function on the recorder,
but I don't know for sure.  Maybe there is a web page about hacking
them.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways