There was recently a discussion on the list about cmi chipsets which I
missed. Damn. I recently bought an xwave 7100 sound card with optic out
(which uses the cmi chipset). The quality is cool. My problems are:

1. When i do graphical stuff, my optic out starts to stutter. (2Mb pci
graphics card, as it is only meant for audio work, and a network card, all
on pci)
2. How can I get automatic track marks on my md when recording mp3's?

The card was real cheap, only R150 (or $20). Even here in south africa that
is dirt cheap for an optic sound card.
Any help will be appreciated.

Gerard Naude
Programmer - Universal Knowledge Software
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: +27-82-7833724