hi there,

do you have a power book or a g4 tower?  :_)

do you want an external solution (if your using a powerbook that'll be
your only solution) or do you want something internal on a pci slot.

things i would recomend are the m-audio audiophile 24/96, which has
analog inputs and outputs on rca jacks, and digital in and out on spidf
rca jacks, as well as midi in and out.  i've found it at a very good
price if your interested with free shipping.  when i finally pick up an
audio card this will be the one i get.  soundblaster also have their
"live" card out for the mac, i haven't heard much on it, nor if the
daughterboards with optical in/out work with it.

for an external solution i've heard good things about the roland ua-30,
it's a usb device and has a lot of input output options.

as for keeping your md signal totally digital, you'd need to buy
seperate deck that has a digital out (most do)

regards,

-

christian