Shawn Lin wrote:

> For CD recordings via digital output, the answer is NO, there should be
> no difference in sound quality.
> If you are recording with analog outputs, then yes, there will be a
> difference in sound quality due to the DACs.

Hi Shawn.  That's probably the reason you can buy a mini system like the
Sharp MD-C2 <http://minidisc.org/part_Sharp_MD-C2.html>, pay less than $200
(USD) and still get great MD copies.  This is a self contained system, where
you don't even have the option  of making analog copies of CDs.

I don't think that you can find these any more.  But even if you gave the
speakers to your kid brother to use with is mini system and only used the C2
so that you could make 3 unattended MD copies from 3 CDs, it is worth it.

Just my 2 cents,
Larry