Hi Lee,

I'm cc'ing to the MD mailing list too.

Lee Sanderson writes:

>What is the sound quality when recording at a high speed dubbing rate with a
>home MD recorder?  Is the high speed dubbing also done in the MDLP mode(s)
>and how good is that sound quality?

I assume you're talking about a CD/MD deck that will dub at up to 4X
realtime.

In all cases the resulting quality is determined by the MD recording
mode: SP, LP2 or LP4. High speed dubbing only affects sound quality in
the following respect: On the MXD-D5C and MXD-D40 the SP mode is ATRAC
4.5 when in high speed mode and Type-R ATRAC for realtime dubbing. The
difference between these two is likely to be nearly, if not entirely,
inaudible. (See http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MXD-D5C.html and
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MXD-D40.html)

Rick