I am not familiar with the Sharp MD-MT15.  Basicly you will have to set
the level control and fiddle with it a first to make sure you get a good
recording.  Mainly error on the low side because if you get the level
too high, the recording will be distorted badly and be un useable, but
if it is recorded too low, you  can usually turn up the volume on
playback and because of the large dynamic range of the MD media, you
will have a good recording anyway.

After you have done it a few times you sort of know about where to set
it initially from what you ended up with the last time you were in the
same situation.

Hope that helps and I am sorry no one attempted to answer your question
earlier.

Denise Christiansen wrote:

> I am still fairly new to MD-but I'm sure that I LOVE
> it!- so please forgive the siimplistic question.
>
> I have a Sharp MD-MT15, and I use it for recording
> live audio, MP3s from my iBook, and the occaisional
> radio broadcast.  How do I know what level to set the
> mic at?  I can't seem to figure out this "mic level H"
> and mic level L" business.  I do know that once I
> begin the recording, to set it via the volume controls
> so that the indicator is at a certain point while
> recording, but is there a system to determine before
> recording what the mic level should be at?  My first
> recordings have a bit at the beginning where you can
> tell I am fiddling with the mic level.  How do I avoid
> this?
>
> Denise

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways