> I've always said "buy the cheapest!", but I must admit to having a
> soft spot for the (old?) TDK blanks with the green rubber
> write-protect tabs. Does TDK still make them that way? They seemed to
> be the only company that realized it would be nice not to require
> herculean force to change the read-only status of a disc.

I got a couple of those when I bought a used recorder.  They are neat.

The first blanks I bought were memorex and I hated them because they were so
cheap looking.  One of them even went bad.  I had to erase it or something.

Maxells are alright.  I bought a pack of those once.  The colors are a
little "loud" though.  Since then I've somehow ended up buying mostly Sony
color.  The latest pack I bought came in sub-packs of 5 that are really
great for carrying around.  You get a nice little compact hard plastic case.
I hear Hi-space is good, and it would be nice to have some kind of CD-style
carrying case.  I probably need to look into that.  I'm sure I'll have to
convert something because nobody makes zip-up carry cases for minidiscs.

I am glad my carrying case finally arrived from Sony after 4 months.
Pouches for a few discs and/or extra battery and stuff like that.  I need to
find a second one though.