You can use Windows Recorder, Cool Edit, or several other programs to
record the audio from the Minidisc recorder.  They will save it as a wav
file or you can save it as an MP3 file.

You have to bring up the volume control from the Start menu, not the
task bar.       START/Accessories/ Volume Control

You will see the large version of the volume control.  Click on OPTIONS
/ Properties/ recording and make sure the Line In and the Microphone
boxes are checked

Click OK and then check Line In or Microphone

Then use the windows recorder

Gil Corella wrote:

> I am a musician and considering purchasing a Sony MD Player/Recorder. I would
> like to record my performances on the MD, then transfer the recording to my PC
> and burn CD's.  I have the software for editing wav filesand burning CD's, but
> if I purchased the Sony MZR700DPC, can I transfer the recording to my PC via the
> USB connection or optical cable?  Will it transfer the information in the form
> of a file, or in real time?  If the MD can transfer the information to my PC in
> the form of a file, does the MD come with the software to convert the file to a
> wav format?  Or am I limited to use the headphone jack and record in real time
> to my PC?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> -Gil

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways