Hi,
I'm a new member of the list. My name is Alex Enkerli and I'm a Ph.D.
student in ethnomusicology at Indiana University.
I'm planning for an extensive field trip to Mali, West Africa, and would
like advice on buying a low-cost MD recorder to record both interviews and
live music.
At this point in time, ruggedness, battery life, overall durability and
price (under US$200) are more important for me than additional features
and sound quality (provided it's at least decent).
The only additional features I'd consider interesting right now would be 2
mic input, long ESP, timestamps, and MDLP, in descending
order of interest. If you have suggestions for other important features,
please feel free to tell me so.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Alex Enkerli