>  A good choice for me would be the Sharp SR-70 except the only feature
> missing is MDLP.
>
> Colin.

I would suggest the Sony MZ-R700.  If you plan on doing a lot of voice
recording, as opposed to music, you should be able to take advantage of the MDLP
4 mode.  If you shop around you may be able to find the unit for about $200.00.

My personal opinion is that anyone shopping for a recorder but who can wait a
few months, old off to see what happens with Net MD.  If you can't wait, again
this is just my personal opinion, you should not consider any unit not capable
of MDLP recording.

I like Sharp's units and own several of various types, but I'm not sure if you
can get an MDLP recorder from Sharp for $200.00

Larry