>Now, the mic situation isn't completely solved. It seems a lot of people
>are using ECM-MS907s. Looking at the specs and listening to recordings
>made with similar mics, these don't offer good enough lower range
>response (rated from 100Hz). It seems the 957s and 959s go down to 50Hz
>which would be ideal. Any idea where I could find either of these for
>cheap? They don't appear on eBay much.
>
>Anyway, sorry for the long message.
>
>Alex

Why not try the Vivanco EM216? It is small, cheap and near-professional
quality. Its lower frequency point is given as 20Hz (but no -dB specified).
The only drawback is that the stereo imaging is restricted because of its
fixed small size. It will work directly with MD recorders that have active
power on the mic input, but also comes with a battery power unit if you want
to maximize MD battery life.

Peter Rice