>> Why not try the Vivanco EM216? It is small, cheap and near-professional
>> quality. Its lower frequency point is given as 20Hz (but no -dB specified).
>> The only drawback is that the stereo imaging is restricted because of its
>> fixed small size. It will work directly with MD recorders that have active
>> power on the mic input, but also comes with a battery power unit
>> if you want to maximize MD battery life.
>
>Any idea where we can buy this in the US?  I did a yahoo search, but all
>sites selling it seem to be in the UK.

Yes, you are right, and I am surprised. I checked with Vivanco head office
in Germany and the nearest distributer to the US is in Canada. If it's any
use, the company is Diamond International in Winnipeg (Tel (204) 981 4556).
I told Vivanco they were missing a trick by not selling in the US, because
they have some great products.

The EM216 is around 30 pounds here in the UK (about $45 US). If anybody
wants one, I would happily mail one or more over at cost plus postage.

Peter Rice

[EMAIL PROTECTED]