>Dont wanna be anal about it, but its line in, not line out, and yes,
this is true

Of course, apologies for the inaccuracy.  Hopefully the meaning of my
message was clear from its context.

>Now heres something, unless you have a VERY quiet analog section, it is
unlikely >to insert trackmarks, I've only ever been able to get my
soundcard to do it, which
>for some reason is deadly quiet

Interesting - my mate's R70 has had absolutely no problem here - and
it's just used to record normal audio CDs and is simply connected to a
cheesey CD/tape mini system with an even cheesier 3.5 miniplug-RCA
interconnect.  Perhaps this is a problem peculiar to recording from PCs?

Richard Lang
Senior Solicitor

Duncan Cotterill
Christchurch, New Zealand

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: (++64)-3-379-2430  fax: (++64)-3-379-7097
http://www.duncancotterill.com

This communication contains information that is confidential and which may be subject
to legal privilege or subject to copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not use, distribute or copy the contents of this communication.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail,
facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3 379 2430 and destroy the original.  We
virus scan all e-mails and electronic media but are not responsible for any virus or
alternation.