Yeah, I have OS 9.1, soon to have OS X.1 ...  I've never done the "select
USB in the Audio Out section of the sound control panel" thing - it never
occurred to me because on the PC it just popped right up, and I've never
used another USB device where this would apply.  I'm still new to my Mac
too, actually.  Thanks tons for the responses - Such a simple thing to miss
and I assumed so quickly that it was just useless (the PC link) ;)

I'm going to try it out straight-away when I get home today.  I feel loads
better about using the USB versus the non-optical audio-out.

Thnx!

Eric