> i live in sydney australia and i was just wondering if i bought mini disc in
> england could i use them on my australian mini disc.
>
> or are they like dvd and have different regions.
>
> thanks heaps adam.

Hey mate,
There are basically only 3 different types of MDs.  But they are all compatible
in standard MD recorders no matter where in the world you bought yours.  The
only difference is the amount of time each will hold.

The most common MDs claim to hold 74 minutes of audio and titles.  But actually
hold 74'59'.  I don't understand whey they didn't call them 75 minute MDs.  Less
common and originally only introduced because Sony was having trouble with their
74 minute MDs are 60 minute ones.

Finally there are 80 minute MDs.  The discs used in long play Md recorders are
the same exact discs.  It's the "software" in the recorder that makes them long
play.  Long Play recorders will also play standard MDs, but a standard MD unit
can not play MDs recorded on a long play unit.

All that just to say, yes, they are all the same no matter which country you buy
them from.

Larry