On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 06:49:29PM -0800, David Lindt wrote:
> I would be interested in looking at how we can leverage content from the
> DTrace Guide on wikis.sun.com for updating the DTrace Guide on docs.sun.com.
> We would be glad to update the SolBook version of the DTrace Guide, so
> getting information for the update would be very much appreciated.
>
> If you resolve a DTrace Guide doc bug on wikis.sun.com, would you mark the
> bug as resolved, or would we need to include the fix in the SolBook version
> of the DTrace Guide on docs.sun.com to consider the bug resolved?
>
> For now, until round-trip issues from Wiki to SolBook are resolved, the
> version on wikis.sun.com will diverge from the book on docs.sun.com. How much
> do we want to keep the two versions in synch?
>
> Lot of good points raised in this thread that could take some time to work
> through. What we can do right now is take the information used in the wiki
> version or from your comments to us and update the SolBook version of the
> DTrace Guide.
>
> Please let me know how we can help.

In the model I would like us to move to, the SolBook should be automatically
generated from the wiki content, i.e. by a shell script, not a human.
And this synchronization process could occur nightly or weekly or
at whatever interval is appropriate.  Therefore, yes, I would mark bugs
as resolved when they put into the wiki because at that point there is
nothing left for any humans to do to implement the fix.

-Mike

--
Mike Shapiro, Solaris Kernel Development. blogs.sun.com/mws/