Bloody hell.  It's been a bit, hasn't it? :-)

Two pieces of useful news in this issue:

Here's what I tweeted in regard of a certain pair of "Natural-sounding" TTS 
engines that blind people all seem to love hating so much:
I own both. They're both good, for different reasons. MT @WeAreBCAB Battle of 
the TTSs--Scansoft v. Acapella http://t.co/qtwKNt9t6C

Heh, heh.  A good laugh.  But it seems to me that we'll never truly be free 
until eSpeak is ported to OS X Speech Manager.  The binaries are there, so it's 
just a question of who can be bothered to do the work.  I'm not promising 
anything, obviously. :-)

And, great news!  Audio Archery, from LWorks, is now in the iTunes App Store 
for iOS.  A great little number, this app experienced quite a trial getting 
into the App Store, owing to Apple being bloody stupid.  Ten rounds of 
arrow-slinging fun, it uses the touch-screen for the draw and launch action, 
which is really quite cool.

And finally, I have a question for some of you here: is there any need, these 
days, to split the NAT, wi-fi and DSL connectivity components?  It's worked for 
me now for a good while, but I'm wondering if it might just be obsolete wisdom. 
 Given the shitty nature of most DSL equipment these days, and the absurd 
difficulty of getting QoS working on Linux, it's tempting to think that it's 
still a fairly good idea, but it can't be a good fit for many.

Until next decade …

Cheers,
Sabahattin

_______________________________________________
Me-mates mailing list
[email protected]
http://sabahattin-gucukoglu.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/me-mates

Reply via email to