I’m afraid this posting is devoid of much non-technical substance.  Sorry about 
that!  However, being a hobby list it’s a nice testing ground.

If you look at the headers, you’ll see what’s happened.  DMARC did this.  For 
mailing lists to survive now, we have to mangle the headers so the list address 
is in the From: field.  This means we have to stuff the original author (and 
any reply headers he or she might have set) in the Reply-To: field, along with 
the list address if we want list participation (as is currently the case).  So 
now, Reply-All and Reply basically behave the same, the sender might get up to 
three copies of the reply instead of two (four if the MUA doesn’t filter 
duplicates), and you can no longer identify the sender by anything other than a 
subset of the name when searching.  Ugh!

Anyway, I hope this bloody thing works.  If it does I’ll start deploying it to 
the other lists. *Sigh*

I wish I could afford LISTSERV(R), but I don’t think I’ve got £2500+ just lying 
around for that purpose.  They have a somewhat nicer solution, which assigns 
each sender their own private address at the list domain.  Much cleaner.  
Bloody useless Mailman.  Mediocre Mailman, we should call it.

Anyway, yep.  Back to work.  Thanks for reading. :)

In A Bit,
Me
_______________________________________________
Me-mates mailing list
[email protected]
https://sabahattin-gucukoglu.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/me-mates

Reply via email to