http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9187559/Verizon_CEO_expects_data_
pricing_tiers_within_six_months

It's following AT&T's lead, but not with same plans, Seidenberg says
By Matt Hamblen
September 23, 2010 02:23 PM ET

Computerworld - Tiered data pricing is coming to Verizon Wireless
customers within four to six months, Verizon Communications CEO Ivan
Seidenberg said at an investor conference early Thursday.

Verizon is expected to begin tiered pricing along with the launch of 4G
LTE networks and devices, something that Verizon Wireless CEO Lowell
McAdam had predicted at a different investor conference in May. Verizon
Wireless is a division of Verizon Communications.

AT&T introduced a two-tier pricing scheme earlier this year, but
Seidenberg said the tiers would be different for Verizon. "We didn't
need to be first on tiered pricing," he said at a Goldman Sachs
conference. (An audio replay is available online.)

Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse on Wednesday said Sprint is not expected to
impose tiered pricing, which is also sometimes called metered pricing.
But he said, "we will watch it closely."

Carriers are concerned that smartphones with large screens and fast
processors will sap network capacity with heavy data downloads, thereby
limiting capacity for other users.