Lockheed Martin To Acquire RFID Firm
Industry Week | May 9 2006

http://www.industryweek.com/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=11935

On May 4,Lockheed Martin announced it had entered into a definitive
agreement to acquire Savi Technolongy, Inc., a provider of RFID solutions.

Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Savi provides RFID solutions that include tags,
readers and enterprise software. Savi, which has a long-standing
contract with the Department of Defense, received a large increase from
$207.9 million to $424.5 million in its RFID II contract with DoD in
February.

"Savi's talented team of employees has successfully developed a complete
line of active RFID solutions. The acquisition of this innovative
company is consistent with our strategy of making investments that
significantly enhance the capabilities we can offer our customers," said
Bob Stevens, Lockheed Martin's CEO.

Reply with a "Thank you" if you liked this post.