On 07/06/12 17:07, nguyenkim thuat wrote:

When I tried to call this function for example with filename
*'20120606205541!Test.txt'* which is located in directory
images/archive/  I got empty result. According to the documentation of
the download function, it means the file doesn't exist on the MediaWiki.
*/"If the file does not exist (on the wiki) an empty string is returned.
If the file is unable to be downloaded undef is returned./*"

the "name" is the name in the wiki - ie File:Something.jpg - not the on disk name. the download call was a shortcut to get the last version only.

Read the API documentation here - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/APIin this case you can use imageinfo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&titles=Image:Albert%20Einstein%20Head.jpg&prop=imageinfo&iilimit=4&iiprop=url

Best Regards

Jools