Hi,

Platonides wrote:
> MediaWiki offers you three character sets for MySQL:
>   * MySQL 4.1/5.0 binary
>   * MySQL 4.1/5.0 UTF-8
>   * MySQL 4.0 backwards-compatible UTF-8

Thank you for your explanation!  I think I understand the differences between
the 3 options.  Also,
looking at the installation instructions, it seems I was asked that before and
probably just clicked
"OK".  I installed Mediawiki 3-4 years ago and have been upgrading since...so
maybe back then I
wasn't asked?  I honestly don't remember...

Is there a way to find out what it is set at?  Since I've forced mysql to use
UTF-8, I'm not sure if
I've made a mistake...but since it's retrieving Japanese characters fine, it
must be ok...  I'm just
concerned that I've broken something that will show up later on...

Thanks a lot!

Ray