First you need to recover the database, and see if all is in order, before
you can be certain of no data loss.  To do that, don't only copy the
"maqwiki" folder, but I would recommend the whole "/var/lib/mysql" (if that
is your mysql data folder).

Once you copy that folder to a different machine, I would then recommend,
you copy it to a different path, say "/bak/oldmysql".  Then, install a new
MySQL in that computer, and check to make sure that everything is working
with MySQL (like a basic "select 1", "show databases" etc.).

Then, install "Media Wiki 1.93" (make sure it is the same version that you
originally had installed) on this computer, and it is better if you can use
the same name as you used in your older installation, like "maqwiki".

After installing MediaWiki, check out the number of files under
"/var/lib/mysql/<db>" (where <db> is to be replaced with the new db-name
that you used in the last step.  Once inside the folder, you can check if
the name / number of files match you backed up folder.

Now, I would suggest that you stop MySQL and edit the MySQL config file
(usually /etc/my.cnf) and change the "datadir" value to the backed up folder
(like "/bak/oldmysql" if you followed my email to the letter).  Now, start
MySQL.  If MySQL comes up cleanly, then you need to run the mysql cli, and
check out if you can do basic "select 1" and "show databases" etc.

If you're through with all the above, then you need to change MediaWiki
should work just fine when you open it in the browser.

Good luck on getting your data back.

Regards
HASSAN