On 25 March 25 2011 at 09:21, Sigbert Klinke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'am using at my local mediawiki the InstantCommons feature
>
> $wgUseInstantCommons = true;
>
> So when I use
>
> [[File:Box-Plot mit Interquartilsabstand.png|thumb|Box-Plot mit
> Whiskern
> der Länge 1,5×IQR]]
>
> the graphics is displayed correctly. Since my wiki uses german as
> basic
> language, I use also the german terms:
>
> [[Datei:Box-Plot mit Min-Max Abstand.png|miniatur|Box-Plot derselben
> Daten mit Whiskern vom Minimum bis zum Maximum der Daten]]
>
> But this does not display the picture from commons, but a red link
> instead.
>
> Any suggestions what to do?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sigbert Klinke

Hi Sigbert,

Please link to the wiki in question. As what you describe should be
working
fine on a German wiki.

MediaWiki abstracts namespaces into numbers internally so whether you
use
the canonical "File" or the namespace name in the content language
(eg. "german")
will not make a difference.

One question though: Are you sure your wiki is set to 'german' ?
Or is it technically still an English MediaWiki with German-content ?

You can verify by checking the LocalSettings.php configuration file
and looking
for $wgLanguageCode (which represents the "site language").

Note that this is seperate from the "user language" you can choose
from Special:Preferences.

The Wiki-syntax accepts canonical input and site language input.

If $wgLanguageCode is indeed set to 'de', please include a link to the
wiki
in your reply. If the wiki is not public, make sure to include the
following data
from the "Special:Version" page:
* Installed software
** MediaWiki version