Sigbert Klinke wrote:

> HI,
>
>> One question though: Are you sure your wiki is set to 'german' ?
>> Or is it technically still an English MediaWiki with German-content ?
>
> Thanks, you are right. The $wgLanguageCode is set to "en", so it is an
> English MediaWiki with german content.
>
> The content will be mixed in future: german and english. Is there a
> way
> to have (by default) an english user interface in a german Mediawiki?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sigbert

Yes.

Set the $wgLanguageCode to 'de' in order to define that hte main
content language
and wikisyntax will be rendered for German (and due to canonical
compatiblity English
magic words will work as well).

Then you can either set the interface to English (seperate from
wgLanguageCode) in
Special:Preferences to English, or alternatively if you want all users
to have this preference
set to "English" by default, add the following:

$wgDefaultUserOptions['language'] = 'en';

I haven't tested this, but in theory it should make the wiki behave
German with a -by default-
English user interface.

Note that this means all anonymous users will have a permanent English
user interface, and
users with accounts can set it to German if they prefer from
Special:Preferences (which overrides
$wgDefaultUserOptions ..)

--
Krinkle