Most of you by now will know about the SOPA protest of Wikimedia [1].
My question is simple:

If I am running MediaWiki sites, and if I want to join that protest (to
raise awareness among my readers), what is the recommended *simple*
technical way of doing this? It would help if somebody who cared about
this could make a simple documentation on this (I guess one could simply
exchange index.php on typical small sites?). I am aware of

http://sopastrike.com/

but I wondered if there is a more wiki-specific message to use that
anybody might have prepared.

Also, as was noted at wikitech-l:

 > It seems Google has advised to serve a 503 (Service unavailable) HTTP
 > code during blackouts to avoid them influencing their search engine.

How would one do this in the easiest way?

Thanks,

Markus

[1]
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout