Thanks, I'll have a look into Profile, but, the server is currently running
in development mode for php error reporting (which includes warnings turned
on, not just errors).

SEL is set to permissive, and there no errors flagged up in its log file.

apache is set to log both error and access logs to log files, which again -
it is doing perfectly for other systems on the server.

Regards,

Phill.