On 22/02/12 00:02, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> It only affects mediawiki, the other areas on the server have no issues,
> e.g. forum, task-management system.. as it is quad core machine with 16GB
> of RAM I'd be somewhat amazed if it were sufferering. It flat lines at 0%
> cpu usage and we have still to exceed 1GB of RAM used. I have installed
> moinmoin onto the server, which is supposedly a heavier system and it runs
> perfectly. So, I'm at a complete loss as to what is causing access to the
> mediawiki index page to cause the seg-fault.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

Having a lot of available memory is different than having too few stack
space reserved.
Running through the webserver a php script of
<?php
passthru('ulimit -a');

may help determine the used stack size amount.

If you got a core of those processes, that could also help determining
what produced the segfault.