On 23/06/12 22:14, Haim (Howard) Roman wrote:
> We have to update them manually, and compared to the other things we have
> to do, we never got around to it.  That's one of the problems with software
> that works fine :-)

Maybe you should convince CentOS to provide a mediawiki package easy to
update :)
(disclaimer: I don't know if/how CentOS currently packages mediawiki)

> that feature get introduced to mediawiki.

When you can't edit a page, the edit tab is "View source".

Why do you fear changing the wikitext? As far as you don't click Save,
the text won't be modified.
Maybe you could install a gadget which forced you to "press-enable to
edit the source".