Fellow MWers,

I am seeing an issue on my enterprise wiki for internal documentation. Our
private wiki is set-up to use Memcached along with APC. The users are
complaining of getting this error when trying to preview a page: "Sorry! We
could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again.
If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in." Memcached is
configured correctly and running, but I think that the PHP sessions that are
being stored in it are getting invalidated somehow. I guess the session data
in memcached is just as volatile as any other data in memcached, i.e. it is
subject to being invalidated over time or being deleted to make room for
other cached data. Is there a way I can pinpoint what is going on here?

My wiki is running with the following configuration stats:

MediaWiki          1.18.2

PHP                        5.3.3 (apache2handler)

MySQL                  5.0.77-log

Linux                     2.6.18-274.17.1.el5 (CentOS 5)

I have memcached configured with these settings:

$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_MEMCACHED;

$wgMemCachedServers = array( "127.0.0.1:11211" );

$wgSessionsInMemcached = true;

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

-Daniel     ( User:DanielRenfro )