I could help with this. As of bootstrap 3 it takes into account mobile
devices so its easy to code a layout with html and css and no need for php.
Question is is it worth fixing whats there or writing something entirely
from scratch.

I would advocate a write from scratch approach if possible if not. then I
would love to start working on moving the mobile side of things towards
bootstrap.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM, svetlana <svetl...@fastmail.com.au> wrote:

> Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > Hey guys reading through some of these tasks, I am wondering has the wiki
> > media foundation taken into account mobile devices and started taking
> media
> > wiki down a mobile friendly path through using bootstrap etc?
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_mobile_engineering
> irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-mobile
>
> Yes we have some mobile things. Admittedly the mobile web world is a bit
> broken and browsers don't use localStorage reliably and don't work on the
> default CSS being pretty; we end up putting some sweat into writing
> "native" apps. Mark A. Hershberger linked to more details.
>
> I would like to stress that the MobileFrontend is a bit like a skin and it
> needs YOUR help to make it reasonable. Last I tried, it was rather limited.
> I wouldn't mind us writing more mobile-friendly skins which don't involve
> PHP and redesigning the preferences screen just for one platform.
>
> --
> svetlana

Jonathan Aquilina