A lot of information, thanks a lot for sharing Martin.
I will need to do more testing on this.

Thank you and have a wonderful day !
Hans

On 25-2-2017 11:25, Martin Urbanec wrote:
Hi,

you may create a table and list calendar events there (as you can see for
example at public deployments scheduling calendar at
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployment). LDAP authing is of course
possible, some information about it are at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication.

You may restrict reading and editing privs to logged in users only and then
remove createaccount rights from all users using manual at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights. MediaWiki allows to
manage rights of LDAP accounts as well as rights of normal accounts. You
need bureaucrat rights by default (or user who is in group which have
*userrights* right or has ability to add/remove a user to/from group using
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAddGroups /
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRemoveGroups) and then you can
manage rights using manual at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions*. *

By default all users can edit and read all pages but you can remove *edit* and
*read* right from special group called * and grant it only to user group
(then only logged in users only will be able to read/edit). If you want to
explicitly restrict searchengines bots from accessing your site you can use
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgDefaultRobotPolicy but althrough
they usually respect this settings they aren't technically prevented from
accessing.

Hoping I helped you with my links.

Best regards,
Martin