As much as I think that such a cooperative would be a good idea, it sounds
to me like you're a long distance from being able to bring the vision to
reality. With a few months of work and a good professional network you
might be able to pull this off. But you're coming across to me as someone
who's completely new to running a business, and I would find it very
difficult to trust my company's money to someone in your position. That's
not to say that your intentions are bad, it's just that I don't think that
this is the business for you to be running here and now. You might very
well *work* for such a business and be very good in your role, and maybe
after a couple of years you will indeed end up in the lead role. I admire
your ambition, and perhaps you have skills and professional contacts that I
don't know about, but from what I've learned so far, I wouldn't encourage
enterprise MediaWiki users to join your organization at this time, and I
think that you would do better with a different goal, at least in the short
term.

I hope that I don't come across as being negative about your ambition. Some
of your instincts are good, and perhaps in a few years you will indeed be
in a good position to lead an organization like the one you have in mind.

Pine