Hello,
The #REDIRECT function is only for redirecting pages within your wiki to other
pages within your wiki. It cannot be used to redirect pages within your wiki to
another external non-MediaWiki site. However, if you are using
https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Interwiki you can set up interwiki
prefixes to Point to other MediaWiki sites, for example, Wikipedia.
Examples:
* If you want your wiki page “Test” to automatically redirect users who open it
to the page “Example”, you can replace all content on the page “Test” with
#REDRIECT [[Example]]
* If you have configured a prefix for Wikipedia in Special:Interwiki (usually
something like “en:” or “wikipedia:”), you can do an interwiki soft redirect
between your wiki and Wikipedia. However please note that soft redirects do not
redirect users automatically - they require the users to click on the redirect
link. So, if you wanted to redirect the page “Test” on your wiki to the
Wikipedia Main Page, and you were using en: as the interwiki prefix, you would
replace all content on the page “Test” on your wiki with #REDIRECT [[:en:Main
Page]].
Hope this helps.
— Amanda

On Monday, January 1, 2018, 3:04 PM, Christian Schröder