Thanks Victoria

My main concern and this should include any wiki admin with an open
registration on their wiki, is there any available information on the technical
side?

I found a few tasks on phabricator but nothing specific for handling explicit
consent of users nor any tools for wiki admins using the MediaWiki software to
assist them with compliance of GDPR. There are many open source projects
scrambling to improve user registration and user account tools making sure
websites run by their software is ready for GDPR.

Yes, a few things can be handled with extensions, but at best they would be
patch and make compliance difficult.

Tom