Is there any update on GDPR compliance for third-parties using MediaWiki
software?

Aside from Sabine Melnicki's presentation [1] at EMWCon in March,
demonstrating the 'Data Cockpit' application to track compliance [2], I'm
not aware of any extensions, or methods for ensuring compliance for
organizations using MediaWiki. Ideally, there would be an extension, like
the one developed for CiviCRM, that could integrate with MediaWiki to
anonymize, report and/or delete user data in ways that comply with the GDPR.

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/EMWCon_Spring_2018/MediaWiki_and_the_European_GDPR
[2] http://www.datencockpit.at
[3] https://github.com/veda-consulting/uk.co.vedaconsulting.gdpr