From: Bill Mullins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:21 AM
To: Kimberly Frick; meditech-l@MTUsers.com
Cc: Cassie Davenport; Rose Willeford; Kevin Goecke; Karen Ham; Steve Pruter;
Steve Bilyeu; Kay Morgan
Subject: RE: [MEDITECH-L] Access to eMAR

What next?

What is the purpose of this secondary security feature (PIN NUMBER when
filing meds)? The user enters a secret code to get into the dispensing
machine to get the meds, then they enter another secret code to log onto
the computer, now they want a 3rd secret code to administer the med. The
defense department doesn't have that level of security (ha ha...)

Has there been a rash of incidents where a rough nurse rooms the hallway
and sneaks into a patient's room where a computer session is actively on
the Process Meds screen and the primary nurse has walked away in the
middle of
Passing meds and those rough nurse files that administration???

I am all for patient safety, I think EMAR and BMV are great and do
increase safety and decrease med errors, but there has to be some common
sense.

God I am so glad I do not practice nursing these days.

Thanks,