Tim Richardson

MCMC OPS Project Team
214.947.5204

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Warren Griffith
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:29 AM
To: meditech-l@mtusers.com
Subject: [MEDITECH-L] EDM-Reassessing Waiting Room Patients

Greetings to all,

I have been racking my brains to come up with a way to flag ED waiting
room patients for reassessment based off of their priority.  We are a
5.5 SR 2 Magic site.  My issue is this:

If a patient has been given a priority of 3, they are to be re-assessed
every 60 minutes.  For priority 4 & 5 patients, they are to be
re-assessed every 120 minutes.  Now, I was able to set my color scheme
to flag based off of status event changes, and this has worked fine, but
it only works for one set of rules ( i.e. flag if last status event
change > 120 min).  After the nurse re-assesses the patient, they change
the status event, and the clock begins again for that patient.  However,
this applies to ALL patients in the waiting room.

If anyone has come up with a way of flagging patients based off of both
priority AND a given time, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance, and I will post any responses for those of you
pulling our hair out over the same issue,

Warren Griffith

Clinical Systems Analyst

Upper Chesapeake Health

Havre de Grace, MD

(443)843-5547

--
"If your parents didn't have children, odds are you won't either."

Warren Miller

This electronic transmission contains information from Methodist Health
System and should be considered confidential and privileged.  The
information contained in the above messages is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) named above.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this information is prohibited. If you receive
this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail.  Methodist Health System, its subsidiaries and
affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to the
transmission of this communication.

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please visit and add information to the MTUsers WikiPedia at MTUsers.NET/mwiki