Hi,

Andrea Grandi wrote:
> On 5 October 2010 01:13, Sivan Greenberg <si...@omniqueue.com> wrote:
>> I was wondering if it would be able to extend the activities,
>> especially the "intro to qt" as described here:
>> http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Conference_2010/Early_Bird_Events#Provisional_program
>>
>> to a bit more after 17:00? (this could be nice for the prior day as
>> well, as some of us will be arriving only later the afternoon, myself
>> on Sunday around 16:00)
>
> just my idea: after staying all day hacking something, 17:00 is the
> best time to go to take a good irish beer ;)
> socializing is also important in these meeting :)

I agree... and that's why I suggested doing the Maker's contest on
Saturday evening after the tutorials, to allow people participating in
those to chill out & build something together (a very wise man once said
it is important to build teams by giving them early opportunities to
succeed together (see Peopleware, by DeMarco and Lister). So a team
competition to build something in a relatively short period of time
should be both fun & useful.

On Sunday afternoon, we're also running a geocache (if all goes well) -
a kind of high-tech treasure hunt in Dublin 4 - for those who want to
get out & about.

Concerning the Qt intro specifically (but this applies to all tutorial &
expert sessions): when & whether we have a session will depend on
finding an instructor. For the Qt session, I have several leads -
including an offer to do it on Sunday morning from a certified Qt
trainer - so the agenda will doubtless move a bit between now & the
conference.

Speaking of that: we still don't have any volunteers for a "Getting
started with MeeGo on ARM" tutorial, or a "Linux Developer Tools"
tutorial. Anyone interested in giving a very hands-on tutorial
introduction to git, gdb and valgrind on Saturday afternoon?

Andrea, are you recruiting the experts for the various hands-on workshop
sessions? I haven't spent any time at that at all.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster