On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Niels Mayer <nielsma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, interesting to compare MeeGo's GUI/desktop offerings  to the
> latest Android release (Gingerbread), whose innovations are things
> that have long been available in MeeGo and Qt and KDE and Maemo:

I actually meant Honeycomb, not Gingerbread. See:
http://androidcommunity.com/android-3-0-honeycomb-full-preview-guide-user-features-20110130/

Note the pictures and features in the above Android tablet release
versus, say, the latest Intel Tablet
http://blog.laptopmag.com/intel-shows-off-meego-tablet-ux-complete-with-panel-based-home-screen

I think the Qt-based "panel based home screen" is very nice, and it
felt nice to operate when I tried out the release (
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/meego-swype-esla ).

Looks like the main thing we need for open-source parity with Android
is a libre QtQuick based version of the Swype keyboard?? Also, is the
source-code for the Intel "panel based home screen" available?
(Basically, the coding in the QML files -- not the graphics assets).

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com