On 17/02/11, Niels Mayer wrote:
> I think the Qt-based "panel based home screen" is very nice,
> and it felt nice to operate when I tried out the release
> ( http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/meego-swype-esla ).

Yes, I've been playing with meego-tablet-ia32-pinetrail.iso
which seems to also include the /usr/share/meego-ux-panels/
code which is mostly QML files but also uses...

import MeeGo.Components 0.1
import MeeGo.Panels 0.1
import MeeGo.Sharing 0.1

so the source for the above (and possibly other plugins) is
what is needed.

> Looks like the main thing we need for open-source parity
> with Android is a libre QtQuick based version of the Swype
> keyboard??

Yes. I'd like to start working on that.

> Also, is the source-code for the Intel "panel based home
> screen" available? (Basically, the coding in the QML files
> -- not the graphics assets).

I'd also like to hear from Intel where is, or when they are
going to release, the source to their MeeGo tablet UX?

And/or, why isn't Intel using repo.meego.com / gitorious.org?

And/or, what is the best way to contribute to the tablet UX?

--markc