On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Randall Arnold <tex...@ovi.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who has provided valuable guidance for this effort to
> improve the MeeGo user experience in feedback, testing and related
> activities.

Hey Randall,

Hope it's not too late to provide some feedback...   For the user
feedback on slide 14, I might suggest triggering the feedback on the
N+1 startup, rather than the N shutdown.   For me, when I'm shutting
down an app, it's often because I'm about to run off and do something
else...  I'd guess that on average I'm more likely to be receptive to
a brief disruption on startup rather than shutdown.

I'd also suggest that the default N should perhaps be more like 5 than
1 --- if you want meaningful feedback, you probably want people who
have used the program at least a few times...

The 'buzzard' sounds great --- IF you can reliably find existing
bugs...  One potential challenge you might want to explicitly address
in the slides is that you could end up creating so many duplicate bugs
that it wastes a lot of developer/bug triage time tracking down the
dups...

one possible approach would be to have a fairly limited number of
choices for categorization so that it's more likely that the user can
find any similar bugs within the same categorization...

To be honest - the 'gaming experience' thing feels like a bit of a
bolt-on - and I'm not sure it really fits in the same bucket as the
rest.   I'm not saying it's a bad idea --- just that you might want to
keep your scope fairly well constrained initially - I think it'll
increase the chances of success...

Hope that helps.

Warren

--
Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca