Graham Cobb wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2010 00:30:50 Graham Cobb wrote:
>> I think I have found the answer to my own question.  The following two
>> repositories seem to be the ones:
>>
>> http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/devel/trunk/repo/ia32/os/
>> http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/devel/extra/repo/ia32/os/
>
> I have now been able to compile my first GPE component (just a library -- I
> am
> not trying any GUI code yet) under MeeGo, using my QEMU MeeGo system.
> Hooray!
>
> However, as NFS is not available for the MeeGo system, I have to go back to
> trying to get the chroot environment working.  Maybe a task for the weekend.
> Once I have that, I have to teach myself how to create an rpm.

Well, the build systems team inside Nokia has begun writing some docs to assist
internal developers with much the same issues. We're starting to publish some of
them. A first page came out today
  http://wiki.meego.com/Packaging/Deb_conversion_example

More to follow - we'd appreciate constructive feedback both from those
knowledgeable about rpms and those trying to gain that knowledge.

It's a touch difficult as we have to integrate with internal processes and tools
which are not deployed elsewhere. We also of course are using the OBS - and I'm
painfully aware that there's no community OBS for meego yet.

David
PS a trac-2-mediawiki conversion tool would come in handy

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."