Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2010, at 11:31 AM, David Greaves wrote:
>
>> David Greaves wrote:

>>> Google "Debian Developer" and s/Debian Developer/MeeGo Maintainer/g
>
> Are you saying officially that MeeGo development access to MeeGo build tools,
> repos and infrastructure will be done in the same manner as the Debian policy
> describes for Debian? (I know the Debian policy well and I'll be happy to
> point out where the MeeGo policy differs.)

No. I see no written policy - merely comments scattered across blog posts, irc
and email. Not a sustainable situation IMHO.

Would you care to draft a MeeGo policy based on the Debian one and I'll gladly
work with you to change it to fit the needs of the MeeGo community based on
feedback from the community and the TSG. We can then get that proposed and
accepted.

Frankly I think one of the biggest losses to MeeGo from the rpm/deb decision
wasn't anything to do with deb. It was the clarity of the policy documentation
(and the tools that helped enforce it) - and that's something we can work on.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."