On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:37:44PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Neil, what is the specific problems you are having with btrfs on "real"
> sized storage devices (not for 1-2Gb devices, that's a different issue.)

The remaining issues with btrfs that I'm aware of, (and please note, I'm
really quite excited by it, it'll be great when it's ready)

1) On disk format - This was due to be stabilised by 2009, and it's
still not. A standardised on disk format must be a pre-requisite to
using it as a default file system.

2) File system support - various utilities still don't support btrfs,
especially bootloaders (RedBoot, grub etc)

3) btrfs still does not handle all out-of-space conditions gracefully

4) lvm useage requires write-caching turned off, but if it's not, it
can't handle the corruption

5) Failed checksums will not in any way initiate a repair

Hope this helps,
Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Software Development Team Leader, Intel:Core - Amino Communications